VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convert movies in iTunes

2 posters

Go down

Convert movies in iTunes Empty Convert movies in iTunes

Post  mozzer502 Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi
I have 300 or so movies and 200 or so TV shows in iTunes. Most of them (95%) were converted to MOV by VideoDrive, the remaining we're originally in MP4 format.

Now that I'm thinking about buying an AppleTV, I need to reconvert all those movies to the ATV format. I'm hesitating because it took forever to get all the right movie data and images, even using VideoDrive.

Can we have a feature that runs over an existing library and just converts the format whilst retaining all the meta data?

thanks

mozzer502

Back to top Go down

Convert movies in iTunes Empty Re: Convert movies in iTunes

Post  mozzer502 Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:02 am

I've bitten the bullet. I've purchased both a Legato Turbo H.264 and an Apple TV.

Because of the way iTunes stores TV Shows I can't just point VideoDrive at the directory tree and have it convert the shows to h264, so I'm stuck with using the iTunes "Create Apple TV Version" function which is horribly slow.

Any chance of expanding the Script menu to include a "Make Apple TV Version using VideoDrive" option? I don't mind if the show appears twice, I can delete one manually.

Thanks

mozzer502

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:38 pm

Yes we can, and yes we will. We will include this feature in an upcoming version of the 1.13 series.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down