VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modifier key for switching on "Ask before saving"

2 posters

Go down

Modifier key for switching on "Ask before saving" Empty Modifier key for switching on "Ask before saving"

Post  hotchoc Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:59 pm

I'd like to have Video Drive set most of the time to be entirely automatic. (When I'm adding shows that I know it works okay with)
But when I'm adding new shows, or problem titles, it'd be great if I could just, say hold down option key while VideoDrive is autostarting and have it recognise that I want to check the metadata it comes up with just this time.

hotchoc

Back to top Go down

Modifier key for switching on "Ask before saving" Empty Re: Modifier key for switching on "Ask before saving"

Post  hotchoc Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:35 am

I've thought some more about this, and I think it would be even better if VideoDrive kept a list of shows that it got the metadata right for in the past, and that the user didn't modify at all. That way you could authorise VideoDrive to automatically process shows with the same title without any user intervention, and only pause on others that either it has never seen before, or that the user had to modify before approving in the past.

This could also tie into my suggestion for keeping track of previously applied artwork. Both to save VideoDrive time checking Amazon's artwork, and also to save manually reapplying artwork to shows Amazon supplies incorrect artwork for.

hotchoc

Back to top Go down

Modifier key for switching on "Ask before saving" Empty Re: Modifier key for switching on "Ask before saving"

Post  Aroona Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:50 pm

This is indeed a nice feature suggestion, but has some drawbacks we are still working on. The problem is that 'you' know when a new episode belongs to the same show you already have, but VideoDrive has no way of knowing this. The keywords retrieved from the filename can be somewhat different, so it is not that straightforward In any case, we are working on a better solution for VideoDrive 2.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  hotchoc Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:09 pm

That is good news. I certainly appreciate the work you put into constantly improving this software.
If I think of a better solution for this issue, I will post it here!

hotchoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:28 pm

The solution we are pursuing in the next release of VideoDrive is as follows. We are upgrading the Presets feature, currently present in the Manual Metadata Editor in some ways:

1) It will be possible to save/load these presets in the automatic metadata window too. So, if you identify a TV Show as "Prison Break", and chose some artwork, you can save these settings as a preset. The next time, VideoDrive misidentifies the show, simply load the preset.

2) Dynamic Presets: loading a preset will check online for updates and download the correct metadata for TV Shows. So if you create a new preset for file Prison.Break.S01E05 and next time you use that preset for file Prison.Break.S01E07 it will work fine and include the correct episode info.

3) Automatic selection of presets: If you process file Prison.Break.S01E08, it should use the settings of that preset automatically. If it finds a fitting Preset, it will use that, otherwise it will look online the old way.

This mechanism realizes what you wish for. If you wish to reuse your settings, create a preset for it. Otherwise, don't and VideoDrive will keep working the way it does now.

We have a beta version ready, including the first two extensions. Please drop us a line if you wish to test drive it!
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hotchoc Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Wow! Good work!
It sounds like number 3 will make it very seamless to use. I'm impressed.
I would like to try the beta. I will email you as I've just recently downgraded my mac mini from Snow Leopard back to Leopard (due to well known Front Row performance issues). But I seem to have lost my serial to reinstall VideoDrive!

hotchoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:46 pm

We will release a public beta, including all 3 features, later this week but we can provide you with an early beta too.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hotchoc Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Terrific. I just emailed support re: my serial.

hotchoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:37 pm

We have released version 2.0 beta 4 with all these features fully operational. There are no known bugs regarding these features, so you should be able to use and evaluate them. Beta 4 is considered very stable.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down