VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error Message when toggle subtitles with iTunes 8

5 posters

Go down

Error Message when toggle subtitles with iTunes 8 Empty Error Message when toggle subtitles with iTunes 8

Post  serdoespaco Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:43 am

Since I upgraded to itunes 8.0 and VideoDrive 1.6.4 i get this message when I try to toggle subtitles:
"Can’t get «class matT» "enableSubtitlesOption" of window "SubtitleWindow". (-1728)"

What can i do to solve this, subtitles in front row are a big deal to me.
thanks

serdoespaco

Back to top Go down

Error Message when toggle subtitles with iTunes 8 Empty Re: Error Message when toggle subtitles with iTunes 8

Post  Aroona Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:55 am

We are not able to reproduce this error at the moment. You can downgrade to version 1.4.3. temporarily:
http://www.aroona.net/Downloads/VideoDrive1.6.3.03.dmg
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Error Message when toggle subtitles with iTunes 8 Empty Re: Error Message when toggle subtitles with iTunes 8

Post  utomi Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Yeah! I have the same exact problem. Why?

utomi

Back to top Go down

Post  vfxartist Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:06 am

i also have this problem, and switching back to 1.6.3 doesn't help, i get an error about there being no valid subtitle (even though its in the directory, with the same name and perian picks it up when the avi is opened in quicktime)
any news on an update to fix this?

vfxartist

Back to top Go down

Error Message when toggle subtitles with iTunes 8 Empty subtitles

Post  rquaresma Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:43 pm

Besides Having the same problem, now I can´t see subtitles anywhere. Otherwise it works great. Will consider buying if this subtitle issue is fixed.

rquaresma

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:17 am

There are several different issues being discussed here:
- the issue where an error dialog box is shown when toggling subtitles is fixed in version 1.6.5 (released 23 sept)
- if subtitles are not shown when playing an imported video in QuickTime, there must be an issue with the subtitles and/or perian.
- if subtitles are shown in QuickTime, but toggling subtitles in VideoDrive gives an error that no compatible subtitles are found, then VideoDrive is not compatible yet with the video format. In that case, mail us detailed video information (available in QuickTime -> Window -> Show Movie Properties) so we can enhance compatibility.

Note that "forcing Leopard Front Row Compatibility" is a workaround for an incompatibility between Front Row and Perian resulting in a black screen during video playback in Front Row when SRT subtitles are present.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down