VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Version 2.7.x changing names of converted files (Doesn't happen with 2.6.7)

2 posters

Go down

Version 2.7.x changing names of converted files (Doesn't happen with 2.6.7) Empty Version 2.7.x changing names of converted files (Doesn't happen with 2.6.7)

Post  Jazz-e Tue May 14, 2013 9:23 pm

So when I convert files with 2.7.x the original file name looks like this ex. Warehouse 13 S04E12 but after the file has been converted it changes the name to (ex. Show Title, or Episode Name). I unchecked all the options under the "File Location" tab in preferences as well as "Clean Up File and Folder Names" in the "Metadata" section. If I run 2.6.7 it works fine, If I run 2.7.x it keeps renaming the files. I want the files names not to be changed by Video Drive. I only want Video Drive to add the metatag info and batch convert the files. PLEASE HELP

Jazz-e

Back to top Go down

Version 2.7.x changing names of converted files (Doesn't happen with 2.6.7) Empty Re: Version 2.7.x changing names of converted files (Doesn't happen with 2.6.7)

Post  Aroona Wed May 15, 2013 1:28 pm

First of all, recheck "clean up file and folder names” as this option will clean the file names to search for online metadata. It will not rename the files.

Are you saying your original files are getting renamed?

Which files are you importing?
Which import method are you using?
If converting, which conversion tool?
What’s your target folder? the iTunes media folder? Because iTunes also has an option to rename media files.
Have you checked the option “Import compatible video files directly” on the main window?
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Version 2.7.x changing names of converted files (Doesn't happen with 2.6.7) Empty Re: Version 2.7.x changing names of converted files (Doesn't happen with 2.6.7)

Post  Jazz-e Thu May 16, 2013 8:13 pm

First of all, recheck "clean up file and folder names” as this option will clean the file names to search for online metadata. It will not rename the files.
***I have a script that I run on all the files, it keeps the names in a clean format. That way if I access the drive without iTunes and directly from the drive I know what show I'm watching***

Are you saying your original files are getting renamed?
***No the original files aren't getting renamed it's the converted copy***

Which files are you importing?
***Different formats, avi, mp4, mkv etc. The movie names don't get renamed it's some TV shows (not all, but about 60%)***

Which import method are you using?
***?, I'm assuming you mean the answer I listed in "If converting, which conversion tool?"***

If converting, which conversion tool?
***Handbrake***

What’s your target folder? the iTunes media folder? Because iTunes also has an option to rename media files.
***No, it's a secondary drive***

Have you checked the option “Import compatible video files directly” on the main window?
***Yes this is checked***

Jazz-e

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Thu May 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Thanks for your reply. Now, it’s a bit weird that it has been working before, because VideoDrive always “renames” the converted file.

For movies the file should be named“Movie A” and for TV Shows it should be “Episode 1 - Episode Name”. Unless you check the option to include TV Show info: then it should be called “ShowName.S01E01.EpisodeName”.

But VideoDrive should never copy the original name of the video.

There is however 1 exception: that is if you’re importing compatible files (MP4, M4V). If you haven’t checked the option to rename original files, VideoDrive will keep those original file names…

Maybe that’s what you’re seeing in 60% of the cases?

Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down