VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iPhone Remote

3 posters

Go down

iPhone Remote Empty iPhone Remote

Post  undershot Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:10 am

I discovered today that when I add a video to iTunes by means of a reference file, it doesn't show up on the iPhone remote app. Is this supposed to happen? Does the video have to be converted/put in a container, or is there an easier way to resolve this?!

Cheers

undershot

Back to top Go down

iPhone Remote Empty Re: iPhone Remote

Post  Aroona Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:22 pm

We are aware of this issue and have reported this to the Apple. This seems to be a bug in the remote application.

This can be illustrated by the following workaround:
1) If you have at least one "compatible" video (e.g. in MP4 or M4V format) in your iTunes collection, then that video will correctly show up in the remote app.
2) If you click "Next" or "Previous" the videos imported by VideoDrive (using reference file) will magically show up.
3) You will view your VideoDrive videos (including cover art) and you will be able to start playing them using the remote.

This means the videos are there, but they do not show up by default. Unfortunately the problem has not been fixed in version 1.1.1. Given the fact the referenced movies also do not show up in "Shared iTunes libraries" and "Shared Front Row libraries", you should switch to the import method "copy into compatible container" to use all features of the Apple Remote app as a bug fix is not likely to be released soon.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  undershot Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:18 pm

Sound as a pound. I've paid for my registration now, just giving the different import modes a try out for the timescale aspect. I have a iMac G5 (PPC) so converting videos and stuff does take a little while these days... It's a good 4 years old now! But on the note of timescale, any possibility of a countdown style timer in the program?!

undershot

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:23 pm

To avoid any confusion: this is a bug in the remote.app and not in VideoDrive. VideoDrive does create correct QuickTime reference movies so unfortunately we cannot do anything about this issue at the moment.

A more detailed progress bar will most likely be added to a later version.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  tomtom Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:04 pm

My Iphone Remote doesn't show TV programs in the same order as on my Apple TV. On my remote it's on alphabetical order and on the Apple TV it's season and episode order. Any ideas on how to change this?

tomtom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down