VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batch iTunes Library Metadata Editing

2 posters

Go down

Batch iTunes Library Metadata Editing Empty Batch iTunes Library Metadata Editing

Post  benichols Fri May 01, 2009 6:50 pm

It would be nice to be able to batch convert/edit an entire (or selected portion) iTunes library's metadata without moving or re-copying the video in the iTunes library (as that takes a long time). Maybe it is already able to do this and will "copy over" the saved file but in my limited experience if you try to import a video file into iTunes and a file with the same name already exists in iTunes it will append a "1" to the end of the file and then error out on adding metadata as it can't "find" the file. It would be nice to have a more elegant way of modifying metadata of video files that have already been imported into iTunes.
Thanks!
Brian

benichols

Back to top Go down

Batch iTunes Library Metadata Editing Empty Re: Batch iTunes Library Metadata Editing

Post  Aroona Tue May 05, 2009 12:17 am

I don't understand exactly what you mean. When you select an existing video in iTunes and click the "Add Metadata" button (in the Main Window), it will add metadata for that existing video without importing the video again. Is this what you're looking for?

You can also enable a menu in iTunes (by clicking "Add VideoDrive options to the iTunes menu" in the General tab of Preferences. Then you can launch VideoDrive and add metadata from within iTunes. Just click the script icon in the menu balk of iTunes...
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Batch iTunes Library Metadata Editing Empty RE: Batch Metadata

Post  benichols Tue May 05, 2009 1:54 am

Sorry! I didn't realize it worked that way. RTFM, I guess. Since it didn't add the movie to the import queue, I didn't realize that the videos are added to the metadata queue. Thanks for the clarification!

benichols

Back to top Go down

Batch iTunes Library Metadata Editing Empty Re: Batch iTunes Library Metadata Editing

Post  Aroona Tue May 05, 2009 10:51 am

The import queue is for importing videos. You can queue videos by dragging them to the application icon, by right-clicking video is Finder and by using Hot Folders.

The metadata option does not use the queue. It just works by selecting videos in itunes and clicking 'Add Metadata'. That's it.

RTFM: actually, there is no manual but you can hover over any option or button to read the little yellow pop-ups... And there is also the support pages on www.aroona.net
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down