VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5.1 track on AppleTV plays back in stereo...

+2
gfengstad
scotty2shots
6 posters

Go down

5.1 track on AppleTV plays back in stereo... Empty 5.1 track on AppleTV plays back in stereo...

Post  scotty2shots Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:03 am

So I've got a number of DIVX AVI files with 5.1 AC3 soundtracks. After importing them with VideoDrive with the "copy into a compatible container" to enhanced appletv option, the files play back on the AppleTV, but the audio comes out of the AppleTV in stereo.

I know it's not an AppleTV problem because I've got other files that I've recompressed with VisualHub that play back AC3 fine.

Would it have to do with how the AC3 track within the quicktime file is flagged? Whether the tracks are flagged as 6 mono tracks or as L C R Ls Rs?

scotty2shots

Back to top Go down

5.1 track on AppleTV plays back in stereo... Empty Re: 5.1 track on AppleTV plays back in stereo...

Post  gfengstad Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 am

To my recollection, with VisualHub you had to tell it to do and audio copy passthru and not transcode the audio file. This retained the 5.1 surround sound track intact.

I believe that in order for VideoDrive to do the same, there would have to be a feature to perform an audio copy (ie: -acodec copy).

gfengstad

Back to top Go down

5.1 track on AppleTV plays back in stereo... Empty Re: 5.1 track on AppleTV plays back in stereo...

Post  austinnate Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:48 pm

I am looking into buying this app but it MUST have this ability?!?
Sorry to see the lack of progress on this..... affraid

austinnate

Back to top Go down

Post  netscape10 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:24 am

Has this been resolved by any chance?

netscape10

Back to top Go down

Post  Patsfan Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:56 am

Ran into this problem today. I cannot get 5.1 to work with my Apple TV 3rd gen

Patsfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Import method 4 is ONLY for white Apple TV's. I assume you are talking about the black Apple TV's. If you use import method 5 or 6, the surround track should be preserved. Please let us know if that is not the case.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down