VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode Title

5 posters

Go down

Episode Title Empty Episode Title

Post  iGods Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:00 pm

VideoDrive's been extremely stable up to now, but it no longer grabs episode names. I'm getting E 8 and E 1, etc.

Just a heads up, I know how diffiicult it can be to keep external sources synced. Keep up the great work!

iGods

Back to top Go down

Episode Title Empty Re: Episode Title

Post  Kriana Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:09 pm

I second this issue!

Kriana

Back to top Go down

Post  netscape10 Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:10 pm

I third this issue, also if you try to get the episode metadata (i.e. Episode name) from the episode page, it changes the picture to the "episode picture" as well. Not keeping the Show pic, which I prefer.

netscape10

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:38 pm

The metadata issues should be addressed in version 2.5.04.

If you point your browser to an episode page instead of a show page and click "Copy metadata", it will take the episode picture instead of the show picture. This is by design. You should point your browser to the TV show page instead. Then, VideoDrive will still take the details (such as title and episode description) from the detail page, but not the image.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kriana Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Seems like this was fixed in the last update. Hurrah!
I love you

Kriana

Back to top Go down

Episode Title Empty Episode Title broken again

Post  iGods Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:41 pm

oops, it's broken again.

iGods

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:00 pm

You are quite right: can you run the following version and check if it restores episode info? thanks

http://cl.ly/E9f9
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iGods Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:59 am

the beta fixes the problem, thanks!

iGods

Back to top Go down

Post  ninkasi Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:59 pm

Not sure if it's related, but I've had a number of imports (v2.7) change the title (and associated file name) to "Episode 0" - even though the metadata is correctly filled in within the app.... it seems to lose most of the meta data during the import..... haven't been able to identify a pattern as to why it happens.... just a head's up in case someone else comes across it....

ninkasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:18 pm

can you mail or post the exact file names?
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ninkasi Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Will have a hunt..... have already corrected them, but will see if I can work out what they were and replicate. Cheers.

ninkasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:25 pm

At the moment, if there is no (valid) info on the episode number, iTunes turns it into a zero. But maybe we should rename it to "Unknown Episode". Not sure yet if that's better.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ninkasi Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:25 am

Probably wouldn't really make much of a difference..... may even be better to not change it at all. The issue was more the title being changed to "Episode 0" that then renamed the physical file to match... making it a little hard to work out what it was (after importing a batch). Just ran one again, file called "Shark.Tale.m4v". Initially the first search came up with a tv show called "Shark". Changed it to "Shark Tale", searched, and it came up with the correct movie info. When I tried it as part of a batch run originally, it was turned into "Episode 0.m4v". Deleted from itunes, copied the original back into itunes, and tried again by itself and this time it changed the name correctly but came up with an error of not being able to add in artwork. Interesting thing is that in both cases some, but not all, of the metadata was written to the file.

It is the end of the month here, and many people find that they have a lot of data remaining on their ISP accounts - and network speed can be impacted due to this (as they download movies etc to use up their extra GBs of allowances). Is it possible that VideoDrive, even though the metadata has already been downloaded, is trying to do something over the internet like reloading the metadata and sometimes failing due to poor response times? Unlikely, but just a wild thought.... the mac has plenty of free ram, is not overloaded....

Mmm.... tried it again, and again came up with a "No artwork could be downloaded for video Shark.Tale.m4v (code -7650)" error even though it had definitely already been fetched. Ah well. At least it's renaming the file correctly! ;-)

Episode Title Cap0511

ninkasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:17 pm

hi, thanks for the detailed report. I’m seeing several issues here:

- The movie should never be renamed to Episode 0. Especially if it’s a movie and not a TV Show. Which import method are you using? Do you have “Import compatible videos directly” checked? do you have the Preference setting (File Location tab) to rename original files checked? Clearly, the issue is caused by VideoDrive first thinking it’s a TV Show called Shark.

- The second issue is that (at least based on the name Shark.Tale.m4v, that was the original file name, right?) it should be clear it’s the movie Shark Tale.

- The missing artwork could be a bug, or it could be a problem with the online source.

We’ll have a look at all three issues.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ninkasi Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:28 pm

1. All defaults (or at least I haven't changed them).... "Import compatible" is checked, although greyed out so can't be changed anyhow. FYI I'm (slowly) moving my video library via handbrake to m4v (either hunting down my original discs or re-transcoding when I'm too lazy to do that), then moving them into iTunes, then using VideoDrive to add the metadata.
2. The option to rename files is not enabled in VideoDrive *but* iTunes is set to 'manage the library' so it will change the physical file name if the metadata is changed.....
3. Changing the name from "Shark.Tale" to "Shark Tale" makes it get the right info
4. Yep, the original file name was "Shark.Tale.m4v"
5. The info, including image, appeared to be grabbed from imdb

By the way, the software is really great - just trying to help make it even better! ;-)

Cheers.

ninkasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down