VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MPAA ratings not added (and other questions)

Go down

MPAA ratings not added (and other questions) Empty MPAA ratings not added (and other questions)

Post  kevmacmills Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 am

I am currently evaluating VideoDrive and have a few issues that are preventing me from purchasing it:

1. The episode naming for TV shows is good, but why is the episode number placed in the show name? e.g. "17 - Test the Store" is the final name for "The Office (US) Season 8, Episode 17". Personally, I don't think the episode number belongs in the show's title since it is handled elsewhere in the metadata. Is there a way to control this?

2. The MPAA rating for TV shows doesn't get added to the metadata (TV-14, TV-MA, etc). This is a BIG deal for me. iFlicks does this and I need this to keep my kids from accessing shows that I am not yet ready for them to see!

3. File deletion. I don't have "Move original video files to trash..." checked, nor do I have any deletion option selected, yet after the conversion and addition to iTunes my original file is gone! The first file I tested with I dragged from my NAS share and it is now gone forever! I've tried 3 different files so far and each time the original file is deleted after it is added to my iTunes library.

In my evaluation I've tried iFlicks and the show/movie naming seems a bit better (more complete info seems to be added) and the MPAA rating is included properly. I also really like iFlicks' rules - I can use that to fix up oddly named shows or filenames that I know will mess up the searching algorithms. However, this project seems much more active and I love the documentation and the clarity of the indicator lights in the UI. Hopefully someone can help me with these issues as I always like to contribute to authors who take the time to write great software!

Thanks!

kevmacmills

Back to top Go down

MPAA ratings not added (and other questions) Empty Re: MPAA ratings not added (and other questions)

Post  kevmacmills Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:04 am

Well, hey look at that: "Add episode label and numbering in episode names" is an checkable option. So, great - that takes care of my first issue. If anyone has input on my other issues/questions, that'd be swell. Thanks!

kevmacmills

Back to top Go down