VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.7 breaks meta tags, hot folders

2 posters

Go down

2.7 breaks meta tags, hot folders Empty 2.7 breaks meta tags, hot folders

Post  iGods Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:32 pm

The Hot Folders no longer work in VideoDrive 2.7 and OS X 10.6.8. I can't set them in Preferences (they break with a coding error), and there is no "More..." when I right click a folder in Finder.

Also, the meta tags no longer get set. They get collected correctly, but after conversion, the TV show has no tags, and lives in the Movies section of iTunes (as it's Media Kind tag hasn't been set).

These features worked great until the 2.7 upgrade.

iGods

Back to top Go down

2.7 breaks meta tags, hot folders Empty Re: 2.7 breaks meta tags, hot folders

Post  Aroona Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:05 pm

VideoDrive cannot change if there is a "More..." option in Finder or not. I do know that in Mountain Lion, this menu option has been renamed to "Services". But I have no idea why it would not be available in Finder on MacOSX 10.6.8.
We will fix the coding error in Preferences, but still that does not explain why your existing hot folders stopped working. Have you tried clicking the 'Install' button in Preferences followed by a restart of your Mac?

Regarding metadata: which import method are you using? I assume you search online for metadata (and have the option to Ask Confirmation is enabled)?
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  iGods Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:23 pm

the Finder in 10.6.8 doesn't seem to support hot folders (although the System itself does)... apprently, you have to do it through Automator (lame). The Services submenu only allows you to attach existing actions, not create a new one.

When I try to Create Hot Folders in the VideoDrive Preferences, I'm permitted to select the folder. Once I do, though, VideoDrive throws an error dialog:

"Error While Installing Hot Folder support
VideoDrive could not install Hot Folder support: The variable fileExist is not defined. (-2753)"

Looks like a typo, should be fileExistS perhaps?

I was able to install the "Newest version of Hot Folders installed and enabled successfully", but it doesn't help when trying to Create Hot Folders.

I'm using Method 5 (I don't seem to have an option any more) and "MP4 file using High Profile Preset", converting with HandBrake. The app finds the meta data and confirms it correctly, it just doesn't apply it after conversion.

iGods

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi, you can download a new (beta) version here: http://www.aroona.net/VideoDrive/Beta.html
It fixes the hot folder issue in Preferences.

Still, it does not change/fix anything in the behaviour of Hot Folders itself as we cannot replicate the issue of non-working hot folders.

Also, it seems strange that folder actions (which exist since forever in MacOSX) would disappear in version 10.6.8 and then return in 10.7. Maybe something else is going on?
In Mountain Lion, the menu is called "Folder Actions Setup" instead of "More" (it's not called "Services")

In addition, we cannot replicate the metadata-issue. Can you post some file names affected by the problem?
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iGods Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:17 pm

the beta fixes the meta tags and hot folder issue, but now it doesn't file the converted movie into it's proper folder. the resulting movie gets created in the import folder.

whatever you do, don't allow both beta and release version to exist on your hard drive; they just fight over hot folder installation, and run randomly, one or the other.

iGods

Back to top Go down

Post  iGods Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:22 pm

nope, spoke too soon... now VideoDrive is screwing up the Hot Folders again. when I drop a file into the Hot Folder, I get this error message:

"VideoDrive Hot Folders could not process one or more videos. Check the MacOSX Console for more details" (of which there are no details whatsoever).

Come on guys, how could you break this so badly?

iGods

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Are all your videos now created in the same folder as the import folder? That has most likely nothing to do with Hot Folders, but clearly it's still an issue. Are you sure your File Location Preferences haven't changed?

Regarding Hot Folders: can you reinstalling them?

1) Quit VideoDrive
2) Remove the two VideoDrive folder action scripts files (located in Macintosh HD:Library:Scripts:Folder Action Scripts:) by trashing them
3) Restart your Mac
4) Start VideoDrive (2.7 or 2.7 beta 1) and click Install on the Queue tab of Preferences
5) Try dragging a video in a hot folder

(Also: running 2.7 and 2.7.01 should not cause conflicts. Just don't run them at the same time. And it's not determined which version will be triggered by Hot Folders. Most likely it will be the version in your Applications folder)
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iGods Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:59 am

with the latest version 2.7.01, tags are no longer added to the files, nor are the files being moved to their respective folders.

do these work for you? for anyone?

iGods

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:43 am

I'm sorry to hear you still have some issues. We have recently identified 2 issues in the latest version 2.7.01 where videos are not moved at all and another problem where metadata is not saved for requeued videos. Version 2.7.02 will fix these problems. Hopefully, this takes care of your issues as well.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iGods Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Now 2.7.02 throws up an error:

"Error loading test file: Finder got an error: File file Tesla:Users:cameron:Dropbox:VideoDrive:Metadata:metadata.txt wasn't found."

Why is even *referencing* Dropbox:* ? I never use that folder.

I give up. I've reverted to v2.6, someone else can by your guinea pig.

iGods

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi, by accident our servers were pointing to an internal developer release instead of the final public release for about 10 minutes. We have fixed this and apologise for the inconvenience. You can download the right version at our website now: http://www.aroona.net/Downloads/VideoDrive.dmg
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iGods Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:18 am

Ya-tah! VideoDrive meta tagging and file moving works perfectly now. Thank you! Now, can VideoDrive apply meta tags to files that have already been converted...?

iGods

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:58 am

Great!
Yes, select the videos in iTunes and click 'Tag iTunes Titles' on the VideoDrive main screen.
Or use the short cut in the iTunes menu bar if you have enabled this on the General tab of Preferences
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down