VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Show metadata coming back as random movies

+2
RobBuckley
scsa
6 posters

Go down

TV Show metadata coming back as random movies Empty TV Show metadata coming back as random movies

Post  scsa Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi,

My TV show imports have started always coming back as various movies. I was running 2.7.10 and tried the latest beta and they're both the same.

I tried setting it to prompt me for the last two imports, and the two filenames below both came back as the movie "Wall-E".

South.Park.S17E04.HDTV.x264-ASAP.mp4
The.Big.Bang.Theory.S07E05.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4

Older imports came in as other random movies, like Back to the Future 2, District 9, The Terminator... If I change it to the correct show name in the metadata confirmation dialog, it'll find the right metadata and it gets set in iTunes properly.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

scsa

Back to top Go down

TV Show metadata coming back as random movies Empty Re: TV Show metadata coming back as random movies

Post  RobBuckley Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:17 pm

Same problem here. Wall*E is particularly popular, but I've had everything from Terminator 3 to Gandhi.

RobBuckley

Back to top Go down

TV Show metadata coming back as random movies Empty Re: TV Show metadata coming back as random movies

Post  iGods Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:29 pm

same thing here... especially TV shows that show up as some random Movie. your parser is HOSED. when I retype in the show name, season, and episode number, then hit Search Again, the data comes in as expected.

so, likely, it's some crazy-easy-dumb problem with parsing the filename (which has never had a problem before).

this really needs to be fixed, or VideoDrive will go the way of TED and other once-great-programs that were abandoned by their developers.

p.s. your Genres are, and always have been, plain stupid. Eastbound and Down is a sports show? *everything else* is a Thriller? good suggestion there: ignore anytime something is labelled as a Thriller, and choose the 2nd genre in the list.

iGods

Back to top Go down

Post  rudders Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:06 pm

Same issue and now the copy from browser return an error saying <<script>> does not recognise isRunning state or similar - Mountain Lion with Safari 6.1

rudders

Back to top Go down

Post  iGods Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:20 pm

Rudder, Within Video Drive's info review, try retyping in the show name, season, and episode number, then hit Search Again. That seems to coerce the data to come in as expected.

iGods

Back to top Go down

Post  rudders Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:37 am

Thanks - I'll give that a try.

rudders

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluchillies Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:03 am

Hi. I was getting the same problem and had a quick play last night. Try adding "tv" into the filename. Seemed to work for me, though I didn't get much of a chance to test it out. If you get it to work, let me know.
Thanks.

Bluchillies

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:43 pm

There is also a new beta version 2.8 beta 7 on the Support page that should address this issue.

We apologise for our delay in releasing the final version of VideoDrive 2.8.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  scsa Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:39 am

Thanks! It seems to work great.

I'm very excited about the new remux option too. Smile

scsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down