VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subtitle error -2700: doesn't work in iTunes, Front Row, or Quicktime.

2 posters

Go down

Subtitle error -2700: doesn't work in iTunes, Front Row, or Quicktime. Empty Subtitle error -2700: doesn't work in iTunes, Front Row, or Quicktime.

Post  Gooch Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:06 pm

I've been try to get Front Row and iTunes to display subtitles (.srt). The latest Perian fails to work, so based on an online recommendation, I thought I would try VideoDrive.

I imported the video using the default settings, but the subtitles still don't appear. The original video file and subtitle file have the same name and are in the same folder. VLC, Movies, and MPlayer can all recognize and play the subtitle file. But if I try to toggle subtitles using VideoDrive, I get the following error:

Error while toggling subtitles of video X: The video does not contain compatible subtitles. Make sure the subtitles were present at the time the video was imported in iTunes and that the video was imported by creating reference files or by copying in a compatible container. (error: -2700)

Any idea why neither Perian or VideoDrive can get subtitles to display on my MacBookPro (OS X 10.5.6)?

Thanks.

Gooch

Back to top Go down

Subtitle error -2700: doesn't work in iTunes, Front Row, or Quicktime. Empty Re: Subtitle error -2700: doesn't work in iTunes, Front Row, or Quicktime.

Post  Aroona Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:49 pm

This error means that VideoDrive did not find and include the SRT file when importing the video.

1) Make sure the video file and SRT are together in the same folder with the same name.
2) Check in QuickTime that the subtitles play correctly (by installing Perian)
3) Import the video in iTunes with VideoDrive (with import methods 2 until 7 the subtitles will be saved inside the movie container, with import method 8 the SRT file needs to be kept as a separate file). Note that only import methods 2, 3 and 4 support toggling of subtitles.

that's it!
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Subtitle error -2700: doesn't work in iTunes, Front Row, or Quicktime. Empty Re: Subtitle error -2700: doesn't work in iTunes, Front Row, or Quicktime.

Post  Gooch Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:13 pm

The subtitle files play fine with VLC or MPlayer, but they don't work with Perian and Quicktime Player. I've never been able to get that to work. Lately, I've just been hardcoding subtitles because I can't be bothered to mess with this anymore.

Gooch

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:19 pm

You can also try reinstalling your QuickTime components. Delete them from /Library/QuickTime and reinstall Perian, Fli4mac, etc...
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gooch Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Aroona wrote:You can also try reinstalling your QuickTime components. Delete them from /Library/QuickTime and reinstall Perian, Fli4mac, etc...

Okay, I'll give that a try.

Gooch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down