VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choose iTunes Library

2 posters

Go down

Choose iTunes Library Empty Choose iTunes Library

Post  niietzshe Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:00 pm

Hey, I think you should be able to choose your iTunes library.
The way I plan on using this app is for my girlfriend to be on her laptop wanting to add something to our macmini plugged into the TV.
She should be able to open up this app, choose (or it be stored in prefs) the itunes library on the mac mini then use the app as it is.
This will save me a lot of headaches and make her feel like she has a little control Smile Rather than me just having to do everything!
I'd probably use it in the same way most of the time to be honest. Only jumping into iTunes to sort out crap that's done wrong...
I hope you consider putting this in, it would save a lot of headaches for me!
Thanks
Christian

niietzshe

Back to top Go down

Choose iTunes Library Empty Re: Choose iTunes Library

Post  Aroona Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:47 pm

hi,

if you have multiple iTunes libraries on one machine, you can switch between them in iTunes by holding the ALT button when launching iTunes. Restart VideoDrive to add videos to that library.

kind regards
bart

Aroona Software
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  niietzshe Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:43 pm

Yes I'm aware of this, but trying to get my girlfriend to stick to any sort of filing system or naming convensions is next to impossible!
If I could choose the library for her, she's not going to get mixed up between the one on her macbook and the one on our mac mini etc..
Also, I just think it'd be good to be able to quickly switch instead of having to go to another app to do it...

niietzshe

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:13 pm

This is technically impossible as VideoDrive communicates extensively with the iTunes application. As a result, VideoDrive will always import videos in the currently active iTunes library. While VideoDrive could theoretically copy files in other iTunes folders, they would still be added to the library currently loaded in iTunes. There is currently no way to circumvent this as iTunes does not support it. Note there are several applications available that allow for easy switching between iTunes libraries that could possibly make your life easier.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  niietzshe Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:56 pm

Cheers, I thought that VideoDrive would run soley on the library, being able to work without passing through iTunes.
I think i'll setup some scripts to do it on the fly before and after opening videodrive.
Thanks

niietzshe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down