VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combination of Manual and Automatic Metadata

2 posters

Go down

Combination of Manual and Automatic Metadata Empty Combination of Manual and Automatic Metadata

Post  sandman4sure Wed May 21, 2008 10:39 pm

I think it would be very usefull if you can choose between a combination of automatic and manual metadata.
For instance, that I can save a cover image for a television serie, and get the rest from the automatic search.
(or, for the image example, put a previous saved image as an option between the ones found)
This because the automatic search for metadata is great, but the recommended images I usually don't like that much - I can find better ones using google.

Also, with the automatic search, maybe put every field as an option (like I want the episode number and title, but not the image it suggest)

sandman4sure

Back to top Go down

Combination of Manual and Automatic Metadata Empty Re: Combination of Manual and Automatic Metadata

Post  Aroona Thu May 22, 2008 12:05 am

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. We are currently working on a Wizard mode, combining the two together. We will keep your request in mind. Also, we plan to include better sources for images.

Note that what you want to do is already possible indirectly: use automatic metadata, check the proposed images (or disable searching for online artwork to save some time in the Automatic Metadata Settings) and drag and drop the image of your choice from your disk to the image frame. This involves one more step, but saves time as you don't have to add the images later on to the videos already in iTunes.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Combination of Manual and Automatic Metadata Empty New Version 1.5.10

Post  Aroona Thu May 22, 2008 1:47 am

A new version 1.5.10 has been released introducing additional support for images: in the list of previews of cover art found online, you can now select a "No Picture" placeholder. Choose this picture if you do not want to add or overwrite cover art to your iTunes video.

Warning: registered users should read the Support Page before upgrading
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Combination of Manual and Automatic Metadata Empty Re: Combination of Manual and Automatic Metadata

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down