VideoDrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.7.04 - Metadata for Television Shows - Each episode no longer has unique data upon import - just replicates the first one

2 posters

Go down

2.7.04 - Metadata for Television Shows - Each episode no longer has unique data upon import - just replicates the first one Empty 2.7.04 - Metadata for Television Shows - Each episode no longer has unique data upon import - just replicates the first one

Post  VhermiciousKnid Mon May 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Error message: None. This is a functionality issue.

Import method: Option 6 - Convert to Apple TV and iPad Optimized Videos

Import Using: Handbrake withMP4 file using High Profile Preset, and Tag iTunes Files

Video Container: M4V

Metadata Options:

- Search Online for Descriptions and Artwork
- (UNCHECKED) Open found results in the default browser
- (CHECKED) Do not translate titles
- (UNCHECKED) Map online genres to a main iTunes genre
- (UNCHECKED) Include average user rating
- (CHECKED) Clean up file and folder names (recommended)
- (UNCHECKED) Identify movies by folder name instead of file name
- Mark New iTunes videos as watched or unwatched after importing. Videos can also be checked or unchecked for playback. - UNWATCHED. CHECKED.

Issue:

Either upon import or when tagging existing files in iTunes, the metadata for television shows are no longer working as they were in 2.6.9. When attempting to tag multiple files, the metadata tags ALL the files with the same data. This happens on both import and when selecting multiple episodes in iTunes and choosing the "Tag iTunes Titles" action in VideoDrive.

Example:

Upon importing a season of a television series, and converting from .mkv to .m4v, I select the entire folder / or open the folder and select the individual files. VideoDrive attempts to find the relevant Metadata for the show. Previous versions of the application would prompt for metadata for each individual episode, but 2.7.04 assumes they are all the same. However, when applying the metadata to the imported files, VideoDrive tags ALL of the episodes with the EXACT SAME metadata as the first, and only confirmed episode. This can be replicated.

Workaround:

Once all the files are imported into iTunes, you can select the individual episodes with VideoDrive open, activate the "Tag iTunes Titles" in the application, select the correct episode information from IMDB (it is frequently incorrect), and update the individual episode. This is incredibly frustrating, and time consuming.

Environment:

Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon with 7GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, running OS X 10.7.5

Synopsis:

You broke something in the Metadata tagging between versions 2.6.07 and 2.7.04.

VhermiciousKnid

Back to top Go down

2.7.04 - Metadata for Television Shows - Each episode no longer has unique data upon import - just replicates the first one Empty Re: 2.7.04 - Metadata for Television Shows - Each episode no longer has unique data upon import - just replicates the first one

Post  Aroona Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks for reporting this. It will be fixed in version 2.7.05
Beta 3 has been released including a fix: http://www.aroona.net/VideoDrive/Beta.html

Please report back if you have another issue.
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

2.7.04 - Metadata for Television Shows - Each episode no longer has unique data upon import - just replicates the first one Empty Re: 2.7.04 - Metadata for Television Shows - Each episode no longer has unique data upon import - just replicates the first one

Post  VhermiciousKnid Fri May 10, 2013 12:28 am

The Beta 3 worked great! It completely resolved the issue.

The bad news is, the 2.7.05 release came out, so I updated, and now we're back to where we were before.

I uninstalled 2.7.05 using the uninstaller, reinstalled the Beta 3, and now the tags are wrong (it's parsing HTML code into the Description field), Growl doesn't work, and it couldn't find my iTunes library.

Very frustrating.

VhermiciousKnid

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona Fri May 10, 2013 12:31 am

- the tags are wrong (it's parsing HTML code into the Description field) -> That did not change between beta 3 and the final version. Can you post a file name?
- Growl doesn't work -> Have you checked the option on the General tab? Do you get an error message?
- it couldn't find my iTunes library -> Do you get an error message?
Aroona
Aroona
Admin

http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  VhermiciousKnid Fri May 10, 2013 12:56 am

No problem.

Example: I'm tagging a season of MASH. The first episode is called "That's Show Biz" (Season 10, Episode 1). I select all the episodes in iTunes, and hit the Tag button. The progress bar opens up, it searches online for the metadata, and finds the default Series information. In the Beta, it found the Episode information exceptionally well, based upon the file name. Now it does not. Just the series. So, I open up Chrome (since it doesn't work in Firefox), go to IMDB, search for the MASH series, go to Season 10, select Episode 1, and hit the Copy From Browser button in VideoDrive. It then copies over the metadata, but it has the HTML data included. It also fails to modify the Name field, and the Episode ID field (which it did great in the Beta). It then copies that same Metadata to each and every episode. This was the initial issue.

Further detail: Attaching screenshot. Link included. at ht tp : // imgur.com/MLTsW3L since it doesn't like letting me link with a new account.

Growl: I was able to go into General, and Disable the notifications. Closed, VideoDrive. Re-opened VideoDrive. Re-enabled Growl. Closed VideoDrive. Re-opened. No issue / error message.

iTunes Library: I just navigated to my Profile / Music / iTunes Library folder, and it found it. It was just odd that it lost it.

Last edited by VhermiciousKnid on Fri May 10, 2013 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding more detail. Link to screenshot.)

VhermiciousKnid

Back to top Go down

Post  VhermiciousKnid Fri May 10, 2013 8:34 pm

2.7.06 appears to have resolved this issue.

Great work guys! Thanks!

VhermiciousKnid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down